Friday, June 3, 2011

Opps

Today we were suppose to run 5 or 6. I had mapped a few new routes and Wendy and I agreed to do 6. Opps, about half way through I realized I had taken us on a 7+ mile route. Good thing I didn't have to work, and I hope Wendy made it in on time. It was awesome though. Today is probably the best running day i ahve ever had outdoors. Perfect temps (mid 50's) and sunny. Super peaceful too. On top of a very stressful week, it was just what I needed.

Earlier this week we did 2 runs. Monday. we headed down to Grosse Ile for their Happy Run, 5 miles in 90 degree temps - it was way too extreme for me. I will probably make it a tradition, since it is on the holiday - in a good locale and my sister wants to keep it going. Wednesday we logged the normal 5 miles and it was good. A little humid, but not bad.

Well no running tomorrow means I can enjoy a glass of wine tonight. I am considering eliminating alcohol starting Monday (that is when my training officially starts). it would probably be wise for me to cut down on the coffee as well. Maybe I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment