Wednesday, June 29, 2011

On the road...

Tomorrow we are heading to Presque Isle for a long weekend. That means Friday/Sunday and Monday run will be away from home on foreign terrain :) I am excited for something new. Packed and ready for the road! Trail shoes and road shoes just in case.

I am a little nervous - Sunday is a 10 mile run. I did 9 with Wendy on Sunday. It went well. I didn't feel it til the afternoon. Then I was wiped out. On Monday, I invested in a protein drink. I figure I need it at this point. The energy level in this girl is zapped. Mateo is enough to do that let alone a good run.

I met my goal for the race yesterday. I am so glad, but at the same time hoping more of the requests will come in. I have several names to wear on my jersey. I am excited to do this. More motivated than ever. People are wonderful - really they are GREAT. Running, if nothing else has introduced me to a ton of wonderfully spirited friends (names not required).

I will update the blog when I return - hopefully all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment