Friday, November 11, 2011

Life and running

So I ran 3 miles last night solo. This has been the standard length of my weekly runs since the Freep half - and well it seems to suit me jsut fine. It was one of those runs I needed and new I needed it as soon as I started running. I needed the air and the pace and the moon (which was full). I was sick over the Penn State sex abuse scandal yesterday. It is horrible to say the least. I take this stuff to heart and it can fester and fester. By 8pm last night my blood pressure was HIGH. During mile two, the significane of it hit me (the name of the youth club where these boys went was called the second mile). Well once that hit me so did the tears. I cried and cried, yelled at the universe for its cruelty and cried some more. After about a half mile I was able to slow down and maintain my thoughts...it was in a way healing I guess. I ran for those boys and sent every ounce of good energy I had to them. I felt the reality of evil in this world. I hate that my boys live in a world where this type of thing can happen. But in the end, this is life and I will run and I will prepare my sons to live the best lives they can, because in the end we survive and we grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment