Saturday, November 5, 2011

2 runs later...

Well being it a half month after the half, I should really ahve posted earlier - but life gets busy and time gets sparse.
The Half on Oct 16th was awesome. I can't really name everything that was so awesome but I will try...
Beautiful morning (Wendy's Dad dropped us off downtown, super nice Peanut!)
Was with Amy and Wendy (Wendy dropped us at mile 10 and completed the full marathon)
Ran with my iPod and it was better, not that I had realized what it would be like previously.
The Ambassador Bridge - phenomenal is all I can say. truly beautiful running up and over into Canada. I think this is the whole point of running this race. It was gorgeous. I forgot we were running uphill. I even screamed "Down river baby" as I crossed and looked to the south.
The energy of the runners was over the top!
Canada was nice all along the water with a view of the city. Someone had the best sign I have ever seen, it read "Your feet hurt because you are kicking so much ass".
We went through the tunnel at mile 6/7. Hot as Hades in there - ugh. I hated coming out too - it was like being sucked into a vacuum.
I started to tire out around mile 12...as always my confidence shakes toward the end. I have no idea why this happens, but I need to work on it. Amy had kicked into overdrive at this point. We ran around Campus Martius and crossed the finish line in 2:21. Whoo, beating my Chicago time by 4 minutes.
The very best part of this race was that Dominic and the boys were there at the end. Leo was holding a sign that said "Go Mom" and my heart melted. I love them all so much. it was the perfect ending.

We headed over to Tina's in Allen Park for breakfast with Amy/Fen and their kids. Relaxed a bit. Wendy and Will came by later in the afternoon and I got to hear about her run. What a rock star! 26.2 for her.

Later in the week, Amy called and asked, "hey next year, we do the full?"
So this blog may need to be renamed!

No comments:

Post a Comment