Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Finish Line

We did it. Wendy and I completed the half in 2 hours and 25 minutes...never stopping. It was awesome. The first 4 miles flew by with a lot more inclines than we expected. But being in the city was so awesome...tons to look at and the crowds were amazing. It did get a little boring after mile 9, which was also when I began to push myself. It wasn't like I ever felt like I couldn't make it, but near mile 12 I felt like I could not concentrate on anything other than the end.
Crossing the finish line was awesome. They had ice soaked rags for us - much needed! Then medals and photos. We went to the American Cancer Society's tent - it was fabulous. Had a hot dog, something to drink and changed our clothes. Dominic and Will met us there. And we relaxed for a few moments. It was all pretty overwhelming.
Having the support of donors and doing this for a cause was really what made it possible. I felt so motivated and am really proud of what we can do together. Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment