Friday, July 29, 2011

Rain, lightening and thunder

Up at 4:45am, no run then lots of lightening and thunder. Back up at 5:45, steady rain and lightening. Up at 7am - D has to work and it is still steadily raining. No run this morning. Hopefully I can get my six miles in tonight. We are heading up north tomorrow and I would definitely hate to miss my run.

Wednesday I did 5 miles solo. Wendy left for Colorado. She will be there the next 2 weeks. I will miss her - especially for the early morning runs when it is so dark out. Wednesday I left the house just before 5am, it was never really light, think the sun was coming up about 5:45. I wore my reflective vest. The iPod surprised me with really awesome songs - that mixed with a little fear gave me my best time ever for 5miles (9:43).

Upon reflection this week - after my HORRIBLE Sunday run - I think I will keep my commitments to run this half and the Detroit Freep half in October, but then spend the winter on intervals and speed, concentrating on 5K and 10K runs in 2012. I have to give this intense training a rest. Realizing it has become a bit obsessive and I should really be obsessing about other things. Balance eh? That is what I need to work on with running. Balancing it into my life instead of revolving around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment