Friday, July 15, 2011

Long time no post...

But I have been running! Pretty sure I have run through these shoes and desperately need a new pair! OMG, my legs are hurting. It crept up on me slowly - was thinking last week I might need new shoes. This morning, I was certain. And we have a 10K run tomorrow on Belle Isle. I am hoping to run in my trail shoes then head out to the big Running Fit sale in Ann Arbor tomorrow evening.

Last Friday (a week has flown by already), I ran in bugs and dirt - ugh, so much for my "country road" run. Won't be doing that again anytime soon. Sunday, I went out to Kensington with Wendy and Will. It was nice. I had never run there. I am not sure it is as great as all the hype - my up north runs exceeded the fresh air and nature...but the trail they have is great and there is much to watch. Maybe it was the 11 miles that had me not so thrilled. I lost it at about 10 miles, ready to wrap things up ASAP, but I pushed through and actually felt pretty good throughout the day.

Monday I ran my speed work and Wednesday I did 5 alone at 5am - beautiful morning, beautiful run and well I can't say much more than that :) Today my legs felt like led and I ran about 3 with Wendy - we were taking it easy for tomorow's 10K on Belle Isle. I am hoping to run ~ 10 min miles - that would really get me pumped for August. We will see how it all turns out :)

So much for this week, the race is a month from yesterday and I feel READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment