Monday, May 23, 2011

weekend runs...

Friday was a great run with Wendy and Will. We did 6 through the neighboring subs. The weather was ideal - a bit warm but not too humid. We cut through Central Park and found a walk through tunnel across Beck road, had no idea it was there.

Yesterday I ran by myself. 7 miles that would have been a lot easier had I remembered my water and GU. I ran 10:50 miles, which is pretty good for me on a long run. I am hoping to run the half in 12 min miles. I am not so speedy, but have decided not to pressure myself too much - it is my first half. I ran a giant squae yesterday - down Ridge, across geddes and up Denton into Cherry Hill Village and back via Ridge. Ridge is an awesome coountry road, a little curvy but super peaceful. There were a lot of dead frogs along the road, but lots of birds and ducks to check out as well.

Amy came by yesterday and we were talking about doing the Detroit Freep half marathon in October. Most of me wants to see how this August race goes - but then i think it would be awesome to run with Amy. She is really getting into running and I am so excited about for her.

Heading to Total Runner on my lunch to pick up my stuff for the grosse Ile run on Memorial day. Hope it is a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment