Friday, March 2, 2012

A month of running

The month of Feb was full of mileage....as Wendy and I train for the half marathon on Grosse Ile March 25th. I did the Winterfest Run on Feb 9th (awesome run) and 5 miles prior to keep on my schedule. We also had the Leap Day Run this past wednesday, which was awesome. Amy, Jamie, Wendy, Will and Will's friend Gary ran it. We kicked ass on time b/c Wendy had to pee. Completed the 4 miles in 37 mins. I picked up a new pair of shoes this month as well...same Brooks I had last time. Tried some minimalist shoes, which I may purchase and start wearing on short run, but i can't imagine them on the long runs.
Oh hilarious - on a run about 2 weeks ago (Friday night) we were greeted by a racoon. We had no idea what was clawing it's way out of the woods onto Ridge Road as we passed the cemetary on our right, but when Wendy saw it's eyes she stared screaming, then we couldn't stop. It was scary, but almost immediately hilarious. We also heard a pack of Coyotes this month in Cherry hill Village. taht is a sound I don't want to hear again - very eerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment