Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lessons learned

Everything I read says you learn from every run...and as I rack up the miles I am finding this so true.

I have been in a total funk since Labor Day - not looking forward to runs, feeling exhausted and well like running is not a priority. So, when Wendy offered to watch Mateo Thursday night so I could go for a night run outdoors instead of the treadmill, I felt a little more enthused. I kicked it off hard and fast, to wind up with a terrible side cramp about .5 miles into the run. I thought - ah i will run this out....so after 4 miles at 9:30 pace I could not take another step running and had to walk 2 blocks, felt like a total failure. After berating myself, I jogged home, slowly.

Lesson, I feel the funk for a reason. probably have asked too much of myself too soon. Big cool down planned for after the Freep Half.

Last weekend at the Grosse Point run, I ran with a shin splint. I was ok - but the pain was pretty intense. Amy and I placed last out of 8 women in out age range. We had a 10:22, which I thought was pretty good - but apparently those chicks in GP are serious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment